National Quality Standard
The National Quality Framework sets a higher national quality standard to encourage services to continue to improve their programs and practices.
Services are assessed and rated against seven quality areas of the National Quality Standard:
- Education program and practice – Your child is supported to participate in play and learning.
- Children’s health and safety – Your child is protected from illness and hazards.
- Physical environment – Your child plays in a safe and well maintained environment.
- Staffing arrangements – There are enough qualified staff to give your child the attention they need.
- Relationships with children – Your child is made to feel supported and welcome
- Collaborative partnerships with families and communities – Local community involvement and respect for the beliefs and values of families.
- Governance and leadership – Your child is cared for in a positive and well managed environment.